Thursday, August 17, 2006

A card for Konni



This is an ATC I made in memory Konni, a great artist and friend who passed away earlier this year. Some friends and I made cards in her memory and I have sent a set to European Papers for their second ATC exhibit. Konni had several cards in the first exhibit, and we have entered 9 cards in her memory for this show. Nine cards fit in a sheet, and we had eight cards from different artists. I made this one to fill the page, I look forward to seeing these displayed in person when the show opens next month.

The colorful background is Konni's work- I scanned a tote bag that she decorated and sent to me. I reduced it to ATC size, then I did some stamping on top of it and added her photo. I think Konni would have liked it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your extra atc with Konni's work and photo.

Anonymous said...

Tina...what a beautiful atc. And what a great tribute that you and your friends are doing by entering cards in her memory. I'm sure she would have loved them.

Vintage Papers said...

this is such a beautiful tribute!

Babsarella said...

FANTASTIC!!! Love how you incorporated so much of her in this ATC!!!

Tracy said...

this is just wonderful and yes she would have loved it.

Anonymous said...

Tina, this is such a lovely tribute idea, I can't wait to see the other cards. Will you be at the opening? I am hoping to attend...so exciting!

Kerilou said...

This is so sweet...I think of Konni often. Still hard to believe she is gone. What a wonderful thing for you all to do!