Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Recent Frustrations

Well, I'm headed back to college this fall, in three weeks actually, and I've had nothing but trouble so far. One college didn't send my transcript although I paid and filled out all the paperwork required, so my application was hung-up. I got that taken care of. I went to the interviews for the program -it is new this quarter and will only accept 20 students. Accepted! :) Then yesterday I went into the advisory office during walk-in hours to find out what previous credits will transfer and what I still need. Hmmm... I am not in the system... I have an ID number, a college email address, a letter of acceptance into the program- so what's the problem?

It seems that even though I have been accepted by the faculty I have not been accepted to the *university* itself. Hmmm... at least five people told me how strange this is. Very strange, but seemingly unable to be fixed so far. I got to go on a nice self-led tour of the campus though- the advisory office, the student union, the undergraduate admissions office, the records office, the student ID office... Lots of looking me up in the computer, leaving messages for various people... I'm not able to do anything else until I'm accepted, so I'll have to keep up on this to be sure I can eventually register for classes before they actually begin.

On a brighter note- I am also taking a few classes at the local community college and that went off without a hitch! :) It will be much cheaper, and the credits will transfer. I walked into the admissions office, re-applied, and wasn't charged an admission fee. Seems I still have faculty status from years ago when I taught there, so maybe that's why it was waived. I wasn't able to register for classes at that time since the computers had just gone down, but once I got home I was able to sign up for a section I thought was closed, and was able to pay my bill and I'm good to go. All I have to do is get a new ID made with my married name, and buy my books.

Wish me luck from here on out!! :) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck Tina :oD

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck also and that things go smoothly from here on out :o)

Babsarella said...

More luck and good wishes from me!!! Hope you enjoy the college experience too!!!

Anonymous said...

From another college student to another...congrats on your acceptance and good luck with the semester:) Sorry to hear about all the frustration, but I'm glad you were able to get it cleared up.