Monday, October 13, 2008

Glub Blub Glug Glug...


That's the sound a lawnmower makes. At least that's the sound MY lawnmower made yesterday. I was bitching and moaning about having to mow the lawn because my sweetie had a benign lump removed from his ankle and can't do a lot of walking. As I was getting started he asked if I'd remembered to take my back pill- and I hadn't. He went in to get it for me, and as I came around the side of the house I saw him standing on the deck. I stopped the mower and turned to walk over to him and saw him pointing toward the pond. The lovely pond where our mower was heading. It hit a bush and slowed a little as it bounced down the slope- but not enough for me to catch it.

I'm accident-prone and usually don't walk down the slope- and I had no idea I could actually RUN down it. The bubbles and glugging were just getting started as I grabbed the handle that was still above water. I dragged that blasted machine back up the hill with one hand. Adrenaline is a wonderful hormone- it worked well for me yesterday. I'd like to take this moment to give a shout-out to my adrenal glands for not letting me down. Thank you adrenal glands, I've never given a second thought to you, but you were there for me when I needed to drag my fat butt up and down a hill to rescue an off-roading-mower.

I'm also thankful that we went "green" with our mower and use the Neuton, a battery-operated mower. I think having no gas tank, no oil, etc- was helpful in this case of scuba-mower. It's a very nice mower- quieter than a vacuum cleaner and no emissions and no tune-ups. There was water in the battery, but we have a second battery that wasn't dunked in the pond. We sprayed it off and wiped away any pond scum. We left it out in the sun to dry and set-up a fan to blow on it too. This morning it started right up!! WHEW!!! So now that all is well in the world and I've finished mowing the lawn I must admit it's funny. So go ahead, have a laugh, I can take it!

ps- the card in the pic is ooooold, but fit the theme.

6 comments:

Dymphie said...

okay Tina, you just made my day :D

love, Dymphie (whiping tears from her cheeks)

Lisa Renéa said...

Oh, Tina! So glad you rescued the mower! Thanks for the link, too. I've heard of these, but never seen them. Have a super week!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Tina!!!!!!! That gave me quite a chuckle!!!! I can just imagine it. I'm sending this link to Christy! LOL!!!!

Godelieve said...

Fun story Tina :D
Fantastic card too!!

Kerilou said...

Oh, my, Tina. Forgive me for giggling a teeny bit?! Glad it all worked out in the end.
Keri

Sue McGettigan said...

ROFL Tina, I don't know that I've EVER seen a thank you shout-out to the adrenals before, certainly not on a blog :) Glad you rescued the mower in time, what an adventure!!