Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ATCs Made using Greeting Cards

I'm part of an ATC (artist trading card) swap with a group of ladies, and we have a monthly theme. This month's challenge was to make ATCs with store-bought greeting cards as a base. I gave away most of my store-bought greeting cards when I started making my own cards several years ago. I managed to scrounge up one or two, but decided to make a trip to the Dollar Tree where I found these:


I liked the flourishes and the little pink hearts, so got these and a package of a different design and headed home to make something. The swap is for 9 cards, but this pack only came with 8 greeting cards, so I knew I'd have to use the sides with the sentiment as well. Here is what I came up with :)



I have a little story about the second pack of cards, but I'll save that one for another day. If you'd like to be part of a monthly 9:9 ATC swap let me know and I'll pass your info on to the organizer- the more the merrier!

4 comments:

liannallama said...

oh, they turned out so pretty! I like the stamping one--so true!

Babsarella said...

These are fantastic!! Love the pretty background in the card and the cool stamps are just perfect for this project!!

Anonymous said...

Tina...your atc's are fabulous and the cards you chose are great. That is a great flourish design and looks so good as the background on your atc's :)

Annie said...

I got the one with the lady with the pink background. YEAH!! They turned out really great.

Hugs
Annie