Friday, February 20, 2009

Houdini Dog

 

See this sweet little pup? She looks so innocent, but she cannot be trusted! A week ago she escaped from her crate while we were at work and had a really good time on her own. She had a crap-tastic time actually, but luckily for me Jeff beat me home!

This afternoon I came home and spotted a stick on the living room floor. I picked it up and saw that it was a perch I had just taken out of the bird cage. What the... oh, hello Trixie! She greeted me with a mouth full of bright green wool roving that I bought yesterday and hadn't put away yet. It was fluffed up all over the craft room, and she has still been finding pieces tonight- she has some stashed away I'm sure. Then I saw that Trixie had also found a pair of my socks and roughed them up a bit, isn't she helpful? A few shredded napkins finished off the scene. Not too bad for a pup on her own for who knows how long. I *think* I have secured the escape-hatch on her crate, but I guess time will tell. For now I'll have to close the craft room door and cross my fingers!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Godelieve said...

Trixie keeps you busy :)
She looks so sweet!

Lisa Renéa said...

All events considered, Trixie is a perfect name, hey? She's such a cutie!

Tracy said...

omigosh she's absolutely A-dorable! and SMART! :-)

CandyW said...

Tina, I am LOL here!!! But, she does look awfully sweet and innocent! Hopefully you have found the point of escape!

Sue McGettigan said...

ROFL, she's too cute to be in trouble :) I wanted to call our dog Houdini when we adopted him, he was a constant escape artist, but the kiddos named him Lucky and he certainly is!

Babsarella said...

He he he he...too funny!! I know Miss Beula would have a roaring good time outside teh crate. She is pretty good in my craft room, but if she got in Blair's room she would go to town with the stuffed animals and all the clothes and socks that are frequently left on the floor.

Kerilou said...

Tina--I will say about Trixie what I say about Brodie--it is a good thing she is cute!!
Peter was here and I read him the post...we both had a good chuckle!
She is too adorable to be doing the awful things you say!!
keri

Annie said...

Well I am not laughing. Ok I am not laughing hard. Ok I lied, I am rolling on the floor. That sweet innocent, who me look is, makes it hard to believe that this little scamp would do such naughty things.

Hugs
Annie