Friday, November 30, 2007

My Lamp



Yes, I made this my very own self! I am a crazy person, so when I only registered for two courses this past quarter (and I'm used to three) I decided to take a stained glass class at the craft shop. Well, I don't regret it, because I love my lamp. I still haven't gotten the pics off my real camera, so this is a phone pic, but you get the idea. I used a creamy vanilla color for the center panel, and a toffee color for the thin strips, then a chocolate for the outside. Mmmmm, vanilla, toffee, chocolate- can you tell I'm always on a diet? I made another piece in the class as well, and I've been soldering some christmas ornaments with microscope slides, but those I will save for another day and for *real* pictures. The lamp has been banished to the guest bedroom for the holidays since it lives in the same place as my nativity set. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so I await the day the lamp and I can be together again ;)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

holy cow T! that's gorgeous! very art nouveau - beautiful

liannallama said...

ohmigoodness! That thing is a work of art! Simply gorgeous and I love the simple Mission style of it!

Dymphie said...

Gorgeous! I love the strong lines.

Anonymous said...

You made this? You're amazing, how great that you took this class!

Lisa Renéa said...

oh my stars, when I read the title, I just knew this was an early gift! You made it? Girl ya got so much talent!!

Donna Layton said...

You just blow me away Tina! I wanna learn how to do this. I don't know why you don't just forget school and support yourself by making and selling things. You were born do to it....in addition to being born to annoy your mother in any and every way possible of course.