Saturday, February 09, 2008

Puppy Update



Here she is folks- a little black ball of fur who probably won't have a name until we bring her home and play with her a bit more. We went today to look at some puppies and had three to choose from. We loved this sweet little girl and she'll be coming home with us at the end of the month. Here are the details- she's a shih-poo like Buckeye from previous posts, a dog that is generally good for people with allergies such as myself. Hopefully I'll have luck with this dog too *knock on wood* and won't be sneezing all day. She was born on January 1st and she'll end up being about 10 pounds. I'm going to take some time off work to get her all settled in and used to life here. It will be a homework and puppy-fest. ACK! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We have been out browsing for supplies and making notes about what various stores have and the prices. Yes, we really are that dorky. I need to see all my options for puppy stuff before I buy- I'm just that kind of girl.



We decided to get a puppy sooner than later, having Buckeye here really convinced us that we wanted a dog. I'm able to be home a bit more right now because I'm working on school, so I can be here to take her in and out. We also like the thought of having her here for the nicer weather, making housebreaking easier... hopefully. Then, when the winter holidays come around we'll have a pup who is nearly a year old and hopefully polite enough to do a little Christmas visiting. Whew- the countdown begins!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

"OH", she squealed, "she's A-dorable!!!!!."
Tina she's absolutely adorable. i love her FUR! and i like her size-to-be - i love big dogs too but i think this size dog is just the best. I am sooo excited for you. And that by the way is not being dorky to do your research. thats bein smart! and responsible. And taking offf a little time is trying to be the best 'parent' (owner just doesnt quite take it all in) possible. this is a little life we're talking about - a new member of the family! sounds like you both will be terrific, thoughtful, caring parents! she's just sooo cute. i cant wait to hear what her name will be :-)

liannallama said...

awww! I hope time goes by quickly and you get your little friend home soon!

Dymphie said...

Owww such a cutie. She looks adorable :) Congrats.

Lisa Renéa said...

Oh...Tina what a bundle of furry goodness!! congrats to the new parents! I think your being responsible by taking the time off. After all these lil critters are truly helpless in a big house & may be frightened by new surroundings.
I can't wait to see her name!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I am such a sucker for puppies. You will love having a dog. I can't imagine not having one around the house. They are such great comfort.

Sue McGettigan said...

Oh congratulations Tina - I'm so thrilled you found your puppy! She's just A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Kerilou said...

Oh, how divine! She is adorable..I am so excited for you! We went through the same thing last Memorial Day, when we brought Brodie home! She was only 5 weeks old, and her mother had stopped nursing all the pups. If you need any tips, let me know...I tend to be a bit obsessed about all things dog oriented..seriously...Congrats, Mama! Keri