Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Sad Change of Events

Well, I guess I jumped the gun posting good news about puppy adoption. I called today to see when we could go pick him up and got bad news. Seems his first family has changed their mind, so we won't have a new fur-baby after all. I'm very sad- I wanted us to adopt him, and hadn't gotten my heart set on him until she called me Tuesday and said we could have him. Guess it's just another case of not counting your chickens before they hatch. I shouldn't have gotten puppy fever before having the puppy in my house. Looks like birdie is an only pet after all. Kind of a birthday bummer! :(

4 comments:

Tracy said...

oh miss t - i'm so sorry. i guess it wasnt meant to be? maybe there is another furball who needs you :-) perhaps down the line.

liannallama said...

Oh, (((HUGS))) Sorry about your news!

Sue McGettigan said...

Oh Tina that IS a bummer - I'm so sorry!! Hope you managed to have a Happy Birthday, maybe different fur-baby is in your future? Hugs!

Lisa Renéa said...

Tina-hang in there girlie!
A very similar thing happened to me regarding a kitten. You know what--yikes-I ended up with two fab furbabes! Sorry your birthday was bummed out. Chin up! Celebrate the month!